Appie is a software package that has been pre-configured to function as an Android Pentesting Environment on any windows based machine without the need of a Virtual Machine(VM) or dualboot. It is completely portable and can be carried on USB stick or your smartphone. It is one of its kind Android Security Analysis Tool and is a one stop answer for all the needed in Android Application Security Assessment, Android Forensics, Android Malware Analysis.
Which are included in Appie ?
- Eclipse IDE with Android Developer
- Java Debugger
- SQLite Database Browser
- Volatility Framework
- Java Runtime Environment(JRE) and python installed, so you can run Appie on even a freshly installed windows installation.
- Mozilla Firefox with some security addons.
- Nearly all UNIX commands like ls, cat, chmod, cp, find, git, unzip, mkdir, ssh, openssl, keytool, jarsigner and many others.
- It has also has vulnerable android applications like Owasp Goat Droid Project Configured andInsecureBank-v2 to test your skills on them.
Difference between Appie and existing environments ?
- contained in Appie are running on host machine instead of running on virtual machine.
- Less Space Needed (Only around 1.5GB required compared to at least 10 GB of Virual Machine)
- As the name suggests it is completely Portable i.e it can be carried on USB Stick or on your own smartphone and your pentesting environment will go wherever you go without any configuring changes.
- Awesome Interface